Monday, May 30, 2011

Goose Lake Park

I can't believe that I've lived in Anchorage for almost four years and have never visited Goose Lake Park. It's literally about eight minutes from my home and is the perfect hang out spot for a beautiful summer day!

It was my day off, the sun was shining, and Lucas and I desperately needed to get out of the house! I didn't have any intentions of getting in the water, but as a parent I know you can never be too prepared. I brought Lucas a pair of swim trunks, his beach toys, and a towel. Thankfully so because I couldn't keep this boy out of the lake!

Of course my little big lover was ecstatic when he found himself a beetle! He even found a crazy worm like creature swimming in the water.

When we arrived there were three geese that were very interested in us. Shortly before we left a mother duck and her seven adorable little babies swam right in front of us! I love Alaskan summers more than I know how to express. The weather is great, the views are priceless and the wildlife is always showing themselves. I can't wait to explore more of Anchorage this summer!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Oh I looooove Goose Lake! It is just so gorgeous! I think that one has a trail that goes around the lake too? I get all the parks mixed up around here!