Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Pirate Lucas

Over the past few months, Lucas has found himself a love for pirates. And when I say love, I really mean obsession! He runs around playing pirates for what seems like all day...every day.

My mom introduced him to the new Disney Channel show, Jake and the Never Land Pirates. As you can imagine, it which was an instant hit. The cartoon is like a perfect mix of Peter Pan and Dora...very cute! It truly feels like this show was made with him in mind! He used to cover up one eye and run around yelling, Arg Maytee! but now he sings, "Yo Ho, Let's Go!"

We ran into Party Craft just to pass some time this weekend and he was in awe of the pirate birthday party selection. I'm tempted to throw a "Just Because Pirate Party" for the sake of having one! I let him pick out a pair of swords for him and his daddy and I'm not exaggerating when I say that he never puts them down.

Lucas is the most imaginative little guy I know. Levi and I just laugh because we know he is going to be the class clown when he gets older. He can make a scene out of any props...even his fingers!

He loves to play in the front yard and wave his new sword at all the passing cars. Fate must have been working in our favor yesterday because a teenage boy rode by on his bike wearing a red bandanna. I've never seen Lucas' eyes light up so big! He ran over to me as fast as he could and yelled "Mom! I saw a pirate on a bicycle!" Of course, I played along :)

I love little boys! How could you not?!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Your son is so cool. I freakin' love pirates, they're awesome. Not to mention, he is freakin' cute!