Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I'm now a Doula!


This past weekend I attended a DONA approved workshop to become a Birth Doula! It was so amazing and empowering to be around other like minded individuals who love the birth process as much as myself. I was taught a number of non-medical techniques to help a laboring woman get through the pain, and how to effectively enhance the overall labor situation for all parties involved. I am really looking forward to joining families as they embark on the wonderful path to parenthood. The birth of a child is one of the most memorable events for a couple and my presence can assure they get the most out of their experience. I cannot think of a more rewarding position for myself as I work towards my ultimate goal of becoming a Nurse-Midwife!

I have successfully completed a majority of the requirements for my international DONA certification. Now that I have the workshop under my belt, I am required to attend three births as the primary Doula before I can submit my final paperwork. I am currently looking for women nearing their due date who would like to receive the wonderful benefits of a Doula, free of charge. Please recommend my services if you have any family or friends in need!

No comments: