Friday, May 13, 2011

Safari West


For my little brother's 4th birthday we went to Safari West in Santa Rosa, CA. This was one of the most amazing places I have ever been! I love giraffes and have always dreamed of going on an African Safari. Although we decided not to do the 3 hour tour ride with the young boys (and because I am already 6 months pregnant), we had a blast walking around looking at the animals...and had a delicious BBQ lunch. You must make a reservation to enter the premises, so we chose to make an inexpensive lunch reservation as opposed to taking the guided tour. It was well worth the two hour drive.

My favorite thing to do with Lucas when we travel is to expose him to elements and activities that drastically differ from home. I often forget that he was born in Alaska and doesn't get to see many of the simple things that I seem to take for granted. He was sure impressed with the squirrel digging outside of my moms house and it dawned on me that he hadn't ever seen one before! We also can't see giraffe, monkeys, flamingos, and many of these other animals back home...so he was in absolute heaven! Here are a few pics from our day:









This is a must do event for anyone in the California area! I look forward to taking the vehicle tour as soon as Lucas is a tad bit older and I don't have a baby pressing on my bladder :)

No comments: